(972) 235-8900

This Month Only: Free Invisalign Consultations w/ 1,000 off Invisalign Treatment! Any treatment over $1500 receives 10% OFF!

How To Start 2022 With a Fresh Smile

How To Start 2022 With a Fresh Smile

It’s not surprising to find out that people don’t spend a lot of time thinking about their teeth…

But it’s worth it to take a little time at the start of the new year to appreciate how special your teeth are.

Your teeth are priceless, literally.  There isn’t an accurate way to value a human tooth.

Can you put a price on the pleasure you feel when your teeth sink into a slice of Thanksgiving turkey? Or can you put a price on the structure that your teeth give your face?

Sure, we can measure the cost of corrective procedures and maybe we can measure the pain that comes with deteriorating dental health, but there is no way to quantify and accurately measure what our teeth do for us every moment of every day.

Your teeth are yours, and they are priceless. You won’t regret taking excellent care of your teeth because they are a critical part of a happy and healthy life.

That’s why Kososki Dental encourages everyone to safeguard and pamper their teeth. That way, everyone can enjoy their priceless teeth (and all of the perks that come with it) late into life.

Protecting your teeth for the long haul boils down to the basics.

 

Simple Dental Hygiene Routines for Long-Term Health:

Just like keeping a classic car in showroom shape, keeping your teeth healthy in the long run is all about preventative maintenance.

First and foremost, you should follow the brushing and flossing regimen that the ADA recommends. The ADA recommends brushing twice a day and flossing once a day, at a minimum. It’s never a bad idea to brush and floss after each meal to keep your teeth safer from harmful plaque-and-acid-producing bacteria.

Next, it’s important to take a look at what you’re eating. If your diet is high in sugar, consider cutting it out completely.

Sugar interacts with the bacteria in plaque to produce acid. This acid slowly dissolves tooth enamel which can create holes or cavities in the teeth. This tooth decay can lead to tooth abscesses, which may result in the tooth having to be removed.  Try to avoid sugar whenever possible.

Finally, and most importantly, schedule routine cleaning and checkups with your dentist. The ADA recommends that you see your dentist every 6-12 months, depending on your needs and circumstances.

If you’re diligent with daily care and you see your dentist at regular intervals, your teeth will likely provide years of faithful service in so many areas that people take for granted (eating, speaking, your physical appearance, etc.). It’s a small investment for a huge payout.

Remember: 90% of what you need to do is brush, floss, and stay away from sugar. The other 10% is scheduling an appointment for cleaning and checkup with dentists and doctors who have a sterling reputation for happy patients’ brilliant smiles. They’ll take care of any major issues and preventative maintenance that’s needed.

Your dentist is the best tool you have for keeping your teeth at their most valuable. It’s possible to have strong, healthy, pearly white teeth deep into old age, but you need to partner with the best dentist you can find.

Kososki Dental has over 3 decades of experience when it comes to general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry. We use the latest tech and a wealth of experience to keep your teeth looking and feeling great.

There’s no point in waiting if you haven’t already established a thorough dental hygiene routine. The sooner you start to prioritize your dental health, the more benefits you’ll see in the long run.

Share:

More Posts

This Month Only Free Invisalign Consultations + 1,000 off Invisalign Treatment!